Digital Photo Retouching The more experienced a photographer you are, the more you accept the truth: that nearly every photograph can benefit from some retouching in Photoshop. Photo retouching, which can range from correcting small color problems to making major changes to the subject or background, is a skill that every photographer or designer should possess.
In this course, you'll learn how to make better photographs. By using Photoshop's tools and filters, you'll learn to make seamless changes, realistically enhancing your images so that nobody knows that any retouching was done. Designers and photographers will benefit from learning the professional routines taught in this course. Working with your instructor experiment with dozens of Photoshop retouching features.
Class Projects and Objectives:
This online training class is packed with information for your Adobe Photoshop projects. Students will meet the following objectives:
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency in using a range of professionally used correction tools.
- Make a variety of precise and soft selections.
- Apply techniques for darkening and lightening parts of an image.
- Use specialized techniques for knocking out and modifying a subject.
- Correct color and overall color balance in digital photographs.
- Use tools and filters to remove skin blemishes and smooth skin tone.
- Apply the sharpening routine in appropriate situations.
- Retouch portrait photos using the Spot Healing Brush tool, Healing Brush tool, Patch tool, and Highlight/Shadows command.
- Apply techniques for enhancing the glamour of a portrait photo, with special attention to lighting, skin, lips, and eyes.
- Apply changes to a subject's body shape.
- Remove litter and other small items from a scene that might get in the way or distract from the subject.
- Create a realistic composite photo by superimposing a subject on a background with appropriate shadows and perspective.
Class Instructor Bio:
Ken Milburn is a professional photographer and leading expert in digital photography. Ken's photographic career has ranged from starlet publicity photos for Univeral Pictures, to album covers, advertising, and editorial work for the TV Guide and Los Angeles Times Sunday Magazine. His work has been featured in Design Graphics Magazine and Computer Graphics World. Ken is the principal author of 20 computer and photography books including Digital Photography: Expert Techniques from O'Reilly Associates, and The Digital Photography Bible from Wiley and Sons, and several books on Photoshop techniques. Ken has has written more than 300 articles on digital media, featured in Publish, DV Magazine, MacWorld, Computer Graphics World, PC World, and InfoWorld.
- Computer with Internet connection (56 Kbps modem or faster).
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 or CS5.
- Basic experience in Photoshop.